Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Thing 5 - Flickr & Live Earth London


Live Earth London
Originally uploaded by derboe
Again another not very original title but ces't la vie. Funny that Flickr caught on so big when WebShots was one of the first sites that I knew of where you could share your photos. I remember having to keep staff from using photos from WebShots as screen savers because it also downloaded malware and caused problems with things like Netscape/Thunderbird email. Hopefully if staff discover Flickr we won't have the same problem. *sigh* Ah the life of a techie.

Ok, so I poked around a bit at Flickr.....decided I wanted to know if anyone had uploaded photos from last Saturday's big concerts. Live Earth regardless of how you feel politically about global climate change the concerts were utterly amazing. Maybe since I'm a child of the Live Aid generation this held more fascination for me. I enjoyed seeing the mix of performers. I did find it ironic that an event of this porportion had to have a HUGE carbon footprint associated with it. Hopefully, everyone there did some offsets to make up for it. But I digress....found one of many photos about Live Earth at Flickr. This one picture of the New Wembley Stadium caught my eye. I watched the concerts with my British husband. We both found it ironic that Americans have the worst carbon footprint yet the turnout (crowd) for the New York (really New Jersey) concert was nothing compared to the English (Wembley) crowd.

No comments: