Monday, July 30, 2007

Blog baby blog

Don't know if the title of this blog is a take on Live, Baby, Live (title of an INXS live album) or what.

Well the RSS part of 23 Things was pretty simple considering I had taught classes on RSS in AquaBrowser. Setting up an RSS feed is easier than teaching a class about it. I already had several and varied RSS feeds on my bloglines account (my bloglines blog is available on the right hand side). Subscribed to Stefan Freed's blog (from BCPL) and Scott Reinhardt's blog (from CCPL) as well as our very own Alan Simpson's blog - picked 3 people who were at different stages of the "things" journey.

Now if I can only remember to check my blogs. If I still had FeedReader on my pc at work it would be easy. It popped up a message every time a blog had been updated. Not unlike the message you get when you get a new email. Nice thing about FeedReader is it is Open Source.

Perhaps I'll put it back on my machine to keep track of my fellow "thingers".

No comments: