Monday, September 10, 2007

Omnivores Unite!

I was reading a friend's blog - (she used to work for HCL but now works at Harford County and has completed 23 Things)- 'Nette 2.0. I clicked on a link to HCPL Tech Fair. In that blog I found a link to the Pew Internet & American Life Project. I've actually heard Lee Rainie, director of P.I. & A.L.P. speak several times at CIL conferences. So I was intrigued when I saw on the HCPL Tech Fair page a link to a survey they are conducting. I was curious to see how I'd fit in the grand scheme of things. Turns out I'm an Omnivore.

Funny thing is I don't fit the profile -
Who They Are
They are young, ethnically diverse, and mostly male (70%). The median age is 28; just more than half of them are under age 30, versus one in five in the general population. Over half are white (64%) and 11% are black (compared to 12% in the general population). English-speaking Hispanics make up 18% of this group. Perhaps unsurprisingly, many (42% versus the 13% average) of Omnivores are students.


I'm not young, male or a student. Guess I'm just one of a kind ;)

Take the survey and found out just where you fit in the
Pew Internet Project's Typology of Information and Communication Technology Users.

No comments: