Monday, September 17, 2007

Fozzie Bear


Every time I see the word Wiki I can't help but think of Fozzie Bear from the Muppets. He would say "Woka, woka, woka" .... yeah, I know it's a stretch but for some reason Wiki sounds close to Woka and I think of him.

Anywho....I posted to the Maryland Libraries Sandbox wiki. It's not really a Wiki in the true sense of the word. To me, it's more just like people posting to a giant blog. To me a Wiki is like Wikipedia - where it is factual and people edit the pages to correct things or add more information. Most of the pages I saw on the Sandbox were like blogs - just people's opinions.

With that said - I didn't make it any better. I posted more opinion to the Favorite Dogs page. The paragraph about 3 dogs in my life and what they have given me.

Not sure I'd be the person to start a Wiki but I'd be happy to contribute to it if it was an area where I felt I had some expertise.

I know a lot of folks (including myself) pooh-pooh Wikipedia. It is not what I consider a legit site. However, it is a great place to start your researching and is quite often full of trivia that you don't get at some of the more "legit" sites. Wikis may come and Wikis may go just as long as they remind me of Fozzie Bear I'm okay.

No comments: